The Pioneer is designed for racing and ocean touring where distances are to be covered in varying conditions so think of this kayak as a "multisport meets sea kayak".
The Pioneer has a low deck profile enabling it to perform extremely well in windy conditions, while its longer hull gives it greater speed and allows it to respond in a following sea to surf the waves. With moderately aggressive rails, the hull cuts through waves, maintains a high forward speed, and is controllable with leaning (railing).
- Well ballanced rails
- A one size "fits most" seat
- Waterproof daybox in front of the cockpit for storing items such as keys, food, or safety items.
- Extra large rear hatch for easy stowing of longer items like tents or fishing rods.
- Heavy duty carry handles
- Multisport configuration: comes with spring-loaded 450mm multisport rudder, foam bulkheads, and lighter carbon Kevlar laminate to reduce overall weight. Perfect for multisport coaches or athletes wanting a kayak that's more stable than a traditional multisport kayak.
- Sea Kayak configuration: comes with retractable sea kayak rudder, solid bulkheads, and our sea kayak laminate which provides a bit more protection to the hull.
- For both of these models we can supply with additional features such as deck lines, deck nets/bungees, or rod holders. We're happy to customise so please let us know your preferences.
Order this kayak...
To order this kayak or to find out more please contact us today. If you prefer to use the phone, call or text Tim on 027 668 9904.
Demo this kayak...
We have a demo kayak located at out Mount Maunganui store. Please contact us if you wish to go for a paddle
Things You Need To Know...
Ordering - we work on a 3-4 week turnaround. In many cases we will be able to supply before the three weeks is up however, these are a hand-made product so they do take time to produce and we often have multiple orders in the system. We will advise you of an eta at the time of ordering.
Shipping and Pickup- we are based in Mount Maunganui and kayaks can be picked up directly from our workshop. Shipping throughout NZ and the world and will be charged at cost. Please ask us for an estimate.
Colours - all of our kayaks come standard with a white hull. This looks smart and doesn't show up as many scratches caused by rocks. The deck can be either a single, block colour (great if you want to display sponsors logo's) or your choice of two colours that are faded together. We can do clear fo our composite kayaks but they are very difficult to get 100% perfect so they come with a disclaimer that small air bubbles and blemishes may be visible. Please note that the colours are a type of coloured resin called gelcoat, so not everything is possible. At the time of ordering we will discuss the options with you and make recommendations if necessary.