Refunds & Returns
All of our kayaks are custom made so once they are built, they cannot be refunded or returned.
We have a standard 3-day cool down period after ordering should you wish to change your mind
Should you wish to change your mind after the cooldown period, but before the kayak has started production, any refund is at our sole discretion as we often have to order in speciality products for your kayak build.
Goods returned within 7 days unused and in original packaging will be refunded less any shipping fees.
Our kayak packages are made up of equipment and services from a number of suppliers. We can only offer these packages through discounting of all the items so once the kayak has been received.
- No item in the package can be refunded individually
- Equipment may be exchanged for different sizes if returned within 7 days unused and in original packaging
- It is the responsibility of the customer to contact us and make themselves available for one of our standard Grade 2 courses within 6 months of purchase. We will advise you of available dates.
- Grade 2 courses are only valid for the original purchaser
Grade 2 courses
Our courses run throughout the year over a 3 day weekend. The are subject to guide availability, weather, and minimum numbers
- We reserve the right to cancel a course due to weather at any stage - safety is our number 1 priority.
- If we cancel due to weather, a full refund will be offered or we will offer suitable alternative dates.
- If you have a change of mind, course fees will only be refunded at our discretion - if you help us fill your spot we can offer a full refund.
Credit control policy
This policy establishes the requirements for payment terms with Ruahine Kayaks customers, as well as the monitoring and maintenance of these terms.
This policy applies to all sales made within New Zealand and internationally.
NZ Kayak Adventures Limited (trading as Ruahine Kayaks) will extend credit to customers if they meet its threshold for the granting of credit. For wholesale customers payment is required on the 20th of the Month following and for retail customers payment is within 7 days or receipt, with no exceptions.
All invoices should follow the standard template from Ruahine Kayaks Xero accounting software package. Invoices should contain all necessary information for the customer to pay promptly. All customers should be invoiced within seven days of the order being completed (unless otherwise agreed).
The preferred method of payment is by bank transfer. Cash will also be accepted if paying in person.
NZ Kayak Adventures LTD Bank account: