The Bumfortable is an upgraded seat that was designed by Steve Gurney. You can install it into any multisport kayak
- Reduced pressure on ischial tuberosity (bum bones) by concavities in the underside of the Bumfortable.
- Designed to prevent chaffing by structurally supporting your back while kayaking through proper posture, rather than allowing pressure on flesh where chaffing occurs.
- Extended length into the hamstring area to reduce pressure and keep hamstrings warm. This aids circulation and reduces cramps.
- Forgiving: The inbuilt softness reduces pressure points and allows extra rotation.
- Smooth surface finish allows ease of rotation to aid in paddle efficiency.
- The Bumfortable closed cell foam can be custom moulded to your particular bum shape by gentle use of heat, (eg hairdryer, hot-water bottle, or domestic fan heater), if you so desire. It is also easy to cut, grind and glue.
- Light weight & completely non-absorbent
- Warm closed cell foam – the Gurney Gears Bumfortable is warmer on cold mornings and more comfortable than fibreglass. Less abrasive and much less likely to make your legs fall asleep.
- Bilge pump flow tunnels incorporated into the underside allow liquid to flow to your bilge pump (bilge pump not included)
- Back strap option through the moulded backstrap tunnel. (25 mm webbing)