Ruahine multisport kayaks are designed as a lightweight racing kayak suitable for grade 1 & 2 rivers. A river is a very dynamic environment so it is the responsibility of the user to ensure that they have the correct skills for safely navigating hazards – we recommend all users complete a Grade 2 Multisport Course from an approved supplier. Please note that our kayaks are designed to be paddled fast, they’re not designed to hit rocks or to float unattended!
The kayak you purchased is warranted free from defects in workmanship and materials for 12 months upon receipt. This warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the goods and becomes void if the kayak has been:
· Damaged by negligence or accident
· Used for any other purpose than its original intended use
· Adapted or repaired by anyone other than Ruahine Kayaks or an approved company.
Our kayaks are made with a variety of composite fabrics, resins, and gelcoats. Always consider three things - constantly wet fibreglass absorbs water, ultraviolet light degrades both resins and fibres, salt will attack the various metal components. To prolong the life of your kayak:
· Always wash your kayak with fresh water if it’s been used in salt or brackish water before storage.
· Always store out of direct sunlight and ideally under cover.
· Always sponge your kayak dry before storage as kayaks will absorb water from the inside.
· Leave cockpit covers off when in storage.
· Once a year a cut and polish prolongs the manufactured polished surface
· Do not store the kayak on a wet or damp ground as it could cause osmosis.
· A cockpit cover should be used when transporting.
· Multisport kayaks need to be carried in specific kayak cradles and firmly secured to roof racks with cam-ties.
· The bow and stern should be tied to the front and rear of the vehicle.
· Try and park the car in a shaded area. The surface temperature of dark coloured kayaks can increase as much as 20 degrees more than white surfaces.
· Use a tail flag if the kayak extends more than 1m from the end of the vehicle.